Specialist Training Program
Applications are sought for the 2019 Registrar Training Program commencing February 2019 to February 2020.
Tamara Private Hospital is owned and operated by Ramsay Health Care. The Hospital is an acute care facility specialising in Medical, Surgical and Rehabilitation services. Located in Tamworth, NSW, the hospital has an established Rehabilitation Unit that meets the needs of an extensive population base in the North West Slopes and Plains and the New England Regions. The unit operates both inpatient and half day programs with a strong focus on orthopaedic, re-conditioning, amputee, neurological and musculoskeletal rehabilitation.
The trainee in Rehabilitation Medicine will provide comprehensive rehabilitation services to patients within both the Rehabilitation Unit and general wards of Tamara Private Hospital.
The position provides a supervised training post at Tamara Private Hospital in Rehabilitation Medicine. The appointee will work under the guidance of the Rehabilitation Physician and must be prepared to meet AFRM and RACP requirements.
- Provide and support competent and efficient clinical management of patients under supervision and direction of Consultant Physicians. Clinical duties will include assessment and management of acute presentations, inpatient care, diagnosis and management of patients in day only clinics, consultations and case conferences.
- Fulfil RACP training commitments for their subspecialty including participation in the relevant teaching program and activities and timely completion of assessments and research commitments.
- Contribute to clinical audit and participate in changes that improve quality and safety of patient care.
- Comply with the policies and requirements of the Medical Board of Australia and the policies of Ramsay Health Care and Tamara Private Hospital.
- MBBS or equivalent, current general registration with the Medical Board of Australia.
- Demonstrated commitment to the AFRM training program.
- A minimum of two years postgraduate experience in varied clinical specialties.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently within a supervised clinical environment utilising excellent clinical skills and judgement.
- Demonstrated teamwork, time management and problem solving skills as part of a multidisciplinary team.
- Demonstrated excellent communication skills (verbal and written) and computer skills.
- AFRM training years and Modules is desirable.
Applications and enquiries:
Chief Executive Officer
Tamara Private Hospital
Phone: 02 67645670
Applications Close: 31st August 2018