Hydrotherapy programs are currently not available due to COVID-19 restrictions
Inpatient Rehabilitation + Day Rehabilitation + Outpatient Physiotherapy + Hand Therapy
Conveniently located at Tamara Private Hospital
The Tamara Rehabilitation Unit provides programs for Inpatient and Day Rehab patients.
Our Allied Health Team includes Physiotherapists, Occupational Therapists and Allied Health Assistants. We also provide Speech Pathology, Dietitian and Social Worker services.
A Hand Therapy Clinic is now available.
We provide Outpatient Physiotherapy consultations, pre-employment checks, and treatment for Worker’s Compensation and DVA patients.
The Rehabilitation Programs for inpatient and day patients currently available are:
- Orthopaedic for Upper and Lower Limbs – post surgical procedures, injury or loss of functionality.
- Neurological – recovery from stroke, non-stroke such as Parkinson’s Disease, peripheral and neurological diseases.
- Musculoskeletal – Rheumatoid and Osteoarthritis, exacerbation of chronic illness, soft tissue injury.
- Reconditioning – following acute surgical procedures, loss of independence, acute exacerbation of chronic illness, acute episode of functional deterioration and trauma.
- Amputee – recent and non-recent amputation where complications have caused a functional decline in independence. The program is tailored to the stage of the client if in the pre-prosthetic training phase or the post prosthetic phase to promote gait training and independence.
- Parkinson’s Disease specific Rehab program
Patients have access to our fully equipped gym, sensory garden, Tai Chi classes for balance, education sessions and Hydrotherapy is provided where appropriate to patient needs.
Referral forms for Inpatient and Day Rehabilitation programs are attached or available on our Tamara website tamaraprivate.com.au under “For GPs”
See ramsayhealthplus.com.au for more information